Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 31, 2011

Jazz on drums

To my credit, I taught myself some jazz beats. By myself. I thought it was pretty awesome that I did it by myself, but my mentor thought otherwise. I was playing some jazz beats, and being the rockstar he is, he said that I can only play rock beats. Now I'm not saying he's a bad teacher, but I personally think that he should be proud of my newly found abiltlity. Also, I been slowly adding some variations with the bass pedal, and Michael was right when he said it makes a difference in the sound if it's not all straight forward. Now, the problem that has emerged from the depths, has been not playing the same beat on the hi-hat as the bass pedal. Only offbeats, are the hard part, but I got some dissapointment from my mentor for playing the hi-hat the same as the bass pedal...but I'm optimistic, and that's what matters. (It worked last time).

Joke of the week: I'm not completely useless
                            I can be used as a bad example

-Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment